Halloween is all about giving candy treats out to neighborhood kids that come knocking for ‘Trick or Treat. We take great care in preparing bowls full of delicious goodies for them. But what about treats for people in your family to gobble up on Halloween? Today’s collection of 14 DIY Halloween Treats for Trickers is all about making treats for your little ghosts and goblins to enjoy on Halloween.
Below you will find an assortment of yummy Halloween Treats that you can create to make the holiday even more special for your family. Each listed item includes a recipe or a link to the original recipe so you can make them yourself. Let’s bring on the treats!
1. Silly Monster Apple Bites
Ingredients For the bites:
- 2 green apples, each quartered
- sunflower butter
- 32 sunflower seeds
- 2-3 strawberries, sliced
- 1-2 homemade googly eyes (see recipe below) per apple bite
Ingredients for the googly eyes:
- 1 c. powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp. corn syrup
- 2 tsp. nondairy milk
- ¼ tsp. almond extract (or vanilla extract)
- mini nondairy chocolate chips (like Enjoy Life)
2. Chocolate Peanut Butter Spider Cookies
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 24 round chocolate truffles (I used Lindor Truffles.)
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 48 candy eyes
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Place the softened butter and peanut butter in the mixer and beat until fluffy. Then add both sugar and beat again until fluffy. Scrape the bowl and beat in the vanilla and egg.
- In a separate bowl mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together. Turn the mixer on low to slowly incorporate the flour mixture.
- Roll the cookie dough into 24 – 1 1/2 tablespoon balls and spread 12 out on each cookie sheet. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven. Quickly use a pestle to press a cavity in the middle of each cookie. Then place back in the oven and bake another 6-10 minutes, until golden.
- Meanwhile, unwrap all the chocolate truffles. Once the cookies are out of the oven, cool until almost at room temperature (but not very warm) and place a truffle in the cavity of each cookie. If the cookies are too warm, the truffle will melt. If the cookies are cool, the truffle won’t stick. (You can also wait until the cookies are completely cool, then glue the truffles in with chocolate to be safe.)
- Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave in 30 second increments, stirring in between, until melted and smooth. Scoop the melted chocolate in a zip bag. Close the bag and snip off a small portion of one corner to create a hole. Pipe 8 legs on each cookie, starting from the truffle body down.
- Then use the remaining melted chocolate to glue 2 eyes onto each truffle spider. Cool until the chocolate is firm and serve.
Get the printable recipe, instructions and more photos here: Chocolate Peanut Butter Spider Cookies
3. Halloween Bundt Cake
- 1 box (15.25 oz.) white cake mix
- Ingredients listed on box to make cake
- Orange, purple, black and green food coloring
- 1 container (12 oz.) white frosting
- Halloween sprinkles (optional)
Get the full printable instructions and more photos here: Halloween Bundt Cake
4. White Chocolate Strawberry Ghosts
- 1 (16 oz) package Vanilla CANDIQUIK Coating
- 24 Fresh strawberries
- Mini chocolate chips
- Melt Candiquik in tray according to directions on package.
- Place a large piece of wax or parchment paper on a flat surface.
- Dip strawberries in melted Candiquik Coating, remove and allow the excess coating to pour off onto the wax paper to form the “tail” of the ghost; slide the strawberry back and set on wax paper to dry.
- Before coating has set, place two mini chocolate chips on as the eyes. For the mouth, cut off the tip of a mini chocolate chip and place on the strawberry with the bottom side facing up.
Get the full tutorial and printable recipe here: White Chocolate Strawberry Ghosts
5. Halloween Mummy Pizza
- 1 Loaf of French Bread
- 1 Jar of Pizza Sauce
- Your favorite pizza toppings. We used Pepperoni
- Mozzarella Cheese
- 2 sliced olives for eyes
Get the 4 step instructions and more photos here: Halloween Mummy Pizza