I don’t know about you, but the mess of wires for chargers and plugs around my office workspace drives me crazy. So I set out to find a way to organize the wires and plugs I need to work in a clean and uncluttered way. I found a wire clutter solution at ‘All You’ for cleaning up your workspace with a decorative Clutter Free Charging Station that is as functional as it is fashionable. This is really easy to make for little money and will have your work area free of tangled wires in no time.
What you will need:
- Yarn or Ribbon Box
- Embellishments to decorate the box like ribbon and lace
- Open 2 sided grommets
- Utility knife
- Adhesive labels
- If you buy a ribbon box that is already beautiful you can skip to the next step. If your box is plain it is time to decorate it to match your decor with fabrics, ribbon, lace or anything you desire to make the box top and bottom beautiful. You can even paint your box first and then decorate it.
- Once your box is decorated to your satisfaction, it’s time to cut the holes for your wires. Using your utility knife, cut several holes in one side of the box for your wires. Your holes need to be the same size as your grommets.
- Attach your 2 sided grommets to each side of the the holes and snap them together. If you have a different type of grommet, follow the label instructions or simply glue a grommet to the outside of the box.
- Put your power strip inside and plug everything in. Put your labels on either the cords or above each grommet and enjoy your new clutter free charging station.
If you decide to make this clutter free charging station, tell us how it turned out. Make sure to give us any tips or ideas you may have on making it even better. Use the comment section below to share your experiences. We’d love to hear from you!
Please visit my Craft Page to see MORE fabulous DIY Craft Projects
Don’t miss out! Follow us on Facebook for even more great DIY ideas: Gotta Love DIY
Craft Project Source