The power just went out, the house is really dark and you realize you don’t have any candles! Oh NO! Don’t despair, you can make a simple and very effective candle with this easy DIY Butter Survival Hack using items you already have in the house!
What You Will Need:
- Small Jar
- Butter or Margarine
- Toilet Paper
- Fill your jar halfway with butter.
- Cut a square of toilet paper 1/5″ in size and roll it up and twist it tightly till you form what will be the wick. Make sure it is a bit longer than your jar is high.
- Roll your wick in butter to thoroughly cover it in butter making it flammable.
- Using a long skinny object like a nail or skewer stick, make a hole in the center of your butter jar all the way to the bottom. insert the wick and mash the butter around it to close the hole as shown in the photo below.
- Light the wick and once the flame gets to the bottom of the wick and comes in contact with the butter, you will have yourself a DIY Butter Candle that you can use in a power outage or even in a survival situation where you need some extra light.
Watch the video on PAGE 2 to see the entire DIY Butter Survival Hack Candle being made from start to finish.