I love projects that incorporate the beauty of nature and this Natural Twig DIY Floating Candles from Centro Garden is no exception! This is super simple to make and requires only a few items to create unbelievably beautiful floating candles for your holiday tables. They are so elegant they can be used all year long for a classy table decoration or centerpiece.
What you will need:
- Glass vases
- Natural twigs
- Tumbled Glass or rocks
- Metallic craft wire
- Floating Candles
1. Cut the twigs to the desired height of your vase, leaving room at the top for the candle.
2. Tie pieces of tumbled glass or rocks to the twigs using metallic craft wire. Wind the wire snugly around the glass crisscrossing as you go. No need to do too much, little goes a long way and is more elegant. The glass should be tied to the top side of the branches, especially in the notches or intersections, so as to appear to have been caught in free-fall.
3. Lower the branches into the vase
4. Fill the vase with water, to a level above the twigs and below the lip of the vase to allow for the floating candle.
5. Carefully place the “floating candle” on top of the water, light and ENJOY!
Many thanks to the wonderful folks at Centro Garden for this wonderful craft project.
Please share your comments and suggestions about this craft project below. I’d love to hear from you!
Like & follow us on Facebook for even more great DIY ideas at: Gotta Love DIY