Butterflies are one of nature’s most elegant and beautiful species. For centuries, crafters have incorporated the use of butterflies in their work. Now you can easily make DIY Paper Butterflies to add to your artwork and craft projects or simply to add beautiful accents to flower arrangements, table settings and so much more.
In this tutorial from Agusyornet, you will learn how to make DIY Paper Butterflies using a simple pattern that you decorate with either a paint pen or colored markers. You can make a lot of different butterflies with this technique. It may help to look up butterfly species on the internet first to give you some ideas of colors and patterns to use to make your butterflies look as natural as possible.
What you will need:
- Cardstock paper or thin cardboard
- colored markers or paint pen
- Fold your cardstock paper in half and draw a silhouette of a butterfly or use a ready-made butterfly pattern from the internet like the one below. Cut out the shape with your scissors. You can use colored cardstock to begin with to lessen the amount of coloring you have to do.
- Next, unfold your butterly and and use a black paint pen or marker to draw the outlines of your butterflies.
- Using at least 2 other colors begin to color in the details of your butterflies. The more colors you use, the more dramatic the effect.
That’s all there is to it.. to adhere them, you can either use folded or double sided tape to affix them to your artwork. You can also use pipe cleaners by gluing them to your butterflies and wrapping them around flower stems in your flower arrangements or anywhere else you want it to look like the butterfly is naturally hanging out 🙂
You can see the original tutorial at agusyornet
If you decide to make this or have made paper butterflies before, tell us how it turned out. Make sure to give us any tips or ideas you may have on making it even better. Use the comment section below to share your experiences.
We’d love to hear from you!
Don’t miss out! Follow us on Facebook for even more great DIY ideas at:Gotta Love DIY