Welcome to PAGE TWO of the Snowman Ornament Tutorial.
These little snowman ornaments can also be used to make a beautiful snowman wreath which you can learn more about from the tutorial source link at the bottom of this page.
This is a fun project the kids can help with and only require a fre materials to make them. So, let’s get busy shall we?
What you will need:
- styrofoam balls – 2 balls @ 2″ and 1 ball @1/5″ (this will make one snowman)
- mod podge – gloss
- glitter – white iridescent
- 2 black half round beads for eyes (5mm)
- lollipop sticks 2″ long
- felt scraps (any color)
- fabric scraps, approx. ¾” x 8”
- acrylic craft paint in orange
- pink chalk or blush
- glue gun
- craft glue
- Using the 2” half balls for the bottom and middle balls, and the 1-1/2” half ball for the head. Glue together with low-temp glue.
- Brush Mod Podge onto snowmen and sprinkle with glitter. Let dry.
- Add details to the snowmen:
- Nose: Cut 1” pointed tips from skewers and paint orange. When dry, insert into faces.
- Eyes: Glue two black beads above the nose.
- Cheeks: Apply blush or chalk.
- Arms: Insert lollipop sticks into sides; add glue to secure. If you like, angle each snowman’s arms differently for more personality.
- Mittens: Cut from felt and glue to ends of arms.
- Scarves: Carefully tie a ¾” x 8” strip of fabric around each neck; fringe the ends.
- Make a hanger from 1/8” wide ribbon, and pin and glue to the snowman’s head.
There you have it! That’s all there is to it!
I hope this tutorial has inspired you to create your own handsome little snowman ornament!
Check out the original source of this project for helpful tips and a tutorial for making a snowman wreath with these little snowmen at: Crafts ‘N Coffee
My Thanks go to Sharon at Crafts N’ Coffee for this wonderful craft project and featured image.
If you decide to make this, tell us how it turned out. Please give us any tips or ideas you may have on making it even better.
Use the comment section below to share your experiences. We’d love to hear from you!
Please LIKE my Gotta Love DIY Facebook Page! I’d love to connect with you there!
If you hover over the FOLLOW US link on the top right side of my website pages, you can also follow me on Twitter, Google Plus and Pinterest 🙂
To See More Gotta Love DIY Craft Projects, Please visit: DIY Craft Projects