I found a really cute idea at ‘Restyled Junk’ for making a Hurricane Shade Candle Holder. Hurricane shades are open at both ends and made to sit atop a base that is made for them. However, the way you will be shown to make this craft is that the shade will simply set over the top of a votive candle so no base is required.
I love the simplicity of this project and it makes a beautiful holiday decoration for your home decor. These also make wonderful gifts for friends and family. You can even paint on a Santa face or an elf, or even a rudolph face with a big red nose to have a set of different candle holders.
This is a quick and easy craft project you can complete in just a few minutes of time.
What you will need to make this Snowman Candle Holder:
Clear glass hurricane shade
White acrylic enamel paint
Orange acrylic paint
Black acrylic paint
Black paint pen
- Put your hand into the glass and using the white paint, dab your sponge on the glass until it is completely covered and set it aside to dry.
- Add 2 large cheeks with powder blush to each side of the center of your glass.
- Paint a carrot nose with the orange paint.
- Dip the eraser end of a pencil into the black paint and dot 2 eyes on the glass.
- Draw a smile with the black paint pen.
- Rip a 2-inch wide by 36-inch long strip from Christmas fabric.
- Wrap the fabric strip around the bottom of the shade and tie into a bow on the front of the snowman.
- Light a votive candle and place the shade over it and enjoy!
Check out the original source for this project detailed instructions, and helpful tips at: RestyledJunk.com
If you make this or any of the other craft projects you’ve seen on my website, I would LOVE if you shared photos of your completed projects on my Facebook page!
You can find it here: Gotta Love DIY Facebook Page! I’d love to connect with you there!
If you hover over the FOLLOW US link on the top right side of my website pages, you can also follow me on Twitter, Google Plus and Pinterest 🙂
To See More Gotta Love DIY Craft Projects, Please visit: DIY Craft Projects