My husband and I went to pick out a few pumpkins yesterday and we got home and discussed carving them as is the usual custom at Halloween. But you know me, “usual” is not my style 🙂 So I started looking for UNIQUE ideas for this years pumpkins and got the idea from pinterest to add BLING to our pumpkins. Not just any ole bling though.. but rather, Sequined Pumpkins! So I hunted for a tutorial and found a great one at a blog called ‘Making Lemonade” that I want to share with you.
I love how these look! This takes pumpkins to a whole new level! This is really easy to do and the result is stunning! This same type of pumpkin is sold at stores for ridiculously high prices and now you can make your own for a few dollars worth of scrapbooking rhinestone stickers, sequins or thumbtacks and proudly display them this Halloween!
In this tutorial you will learn how to make 3 different types of sequined pumpkins, including a monogrammed pumpkin. The materials can all be purchased for a few dollars at craft stores like Michael’s or Amazon.
What you will need:
- small black scrapbooking swirl adhesive rhinestones
- small black scrapbooking adhesive rhinestone strips
- small flat black adhesive beads or black thumbtacks
- Elmer’s glue or hot glue
To make swirly sequined pumpkin:
- You will need the swirl sequined rhinestones. Peel off the sticker and position it in a pleasing way onto the pumpkin. Add a few dots of glue to hold them securely in place.
To make the striped sequined pumpkin:
- Use 2 packs of rhinestone strips, remove the sticker backing and apply where you want them. Add a few dots of glue to secure them in place.
To make the monogrammed pumpkin:
- Begin by using a pencil to lightly draw your monogram letter where you want it. Then use your glue to trace the outline of your letter. Then add your black beads that are flat on one side and begin applying them to the glue until your letter is complete.
- (sidenote) You can also use small black thumbtacks to do this in which case you can omit the glue altogether and simply stick your tacks one by one to complete your letter.
I hope this tutorial inspired you to try some bling on your halloween pumpkins. Get creative and see what you can make! This can be done to both real or fake pumpkins for a dazzling effect.
To see the original tutorial, visit the ‘Making Lemonade Blog HERE
If you decide to make these, tell us how it turned out. Make sure to give us any tips or ideas you may have on making it even better. Use the comment section below to share your experiences. We’d love to hear from you!
Like & follow us on Facebook for even more great DIY ideas at: Gotta Love DIY
To See MORE fabulous Craft Projects, Please visit my Page: DIY Craft Projects