In my recent quest to find more unique DIY craft projects for Christmas home decorating I found one project that I had not seen before at ‘Lilacs and Longhorns that I fell in love with. This craft project is about making Hand Painted DIY Vintage Snowman Spoon Ornaments.
This is much easier than it may sound with such a distinguished title, but I kid you not, these are super easy to make and the vintage appeal of these ornaments will look amazing hanging on a christmas tree.
I love sharing crafts that are different from everything we see repeated over and over on Pinterest and other social media platforms and this one fits the bill.
What you will need to make your own DIY Vintage Snowman Spoon Ornaments:
- white craft paint
- an old (or new) spoon that isn’t too thick in the neck to be bent
- paint pens in orange black and green
- Use your white craft paint to paint the 3 circles for the snowman’s body with a brush
- Use the paint pens to paint the nose, eyes, belly buttons and arms
- Use the green paint pen to add some greenery (optional)
- After your paint has dried, CAREFULLY bend the spoon (you don’t want to break it) tie a ribbon at the neck of the spoon and hang.
That’s it.. your done!!
Check out the original source of this project for detailed instructions, photos and helpful tips at: Lilacs and Longhorns
My Thanks go to Julie for this wonderful craft project and featured image. be sure to check out her website, she has many wonderful things to see!
If you decide to make this, tell us how it turned out. Please give us any tips or ideas you may have on making it even better. Use the comment section below to share your experiences. We’d love to hear from you!
Please LIKE my Gotta Love DIY Facebook Page! I’d love to connect with you there!
If you hover over the FOLLOW US link on the top right side of my website pages, you can also follow me on Twitter, Google Plus and Pinterest 🙂
To See More Gotta Love DIY Craft Projects, Please visit: DIY Craft Projects