I love Christmas, I’ve been working on my Christmas decorations since Halloween ended and I want to share a super cute craft project I found at ‘Craft Ideas’ for making a Clay Pot Santa. These are made with ordinary terra-cotta pots you use for gardening.
You can make your Santa as big or small as you desire. Smaller santa’s are great for decorating shelves and mantels while larger ones are nice for table centerpieces and on front porches to greet your holiday guests with christmas cheer! They also make fabulous handmade gifts for the loved ones on your gift list!
What you will need:
– 2 clay pots- 1 a bit larger than the other
– a styrofoam ball that fits on the larger pot
– white and red chenille pieces
– red rock paint
– red, white and flesh colored acrylic paints
– white texture snow paste
– red and black dimensional paint
– white pompom
– 2 small wooden beads for hands
– small scrap of gold cardboard
– star paper punch
– wooden skewer
– piece of jute ribbon
– red raffia
– tacky glue
– hot glue gun
* Craft Recipe for Snow! Make your own snow paste by mixing sand with white paint. Mix until the mixture is thick. Apply it with a small craft spatula and let it dry overnight.
* Craft Recipe for Colored Sand or rock paint! Make your own colored sand mixture by mixing sand with colored paint until the mixture is thicker but not too thick. It should still be easy to paint on with a brush. Let it dry overnight.
Please visit CraftIdeas.info for the full 10 step instructions here: Clay Pot Santa
If you decide to make this, tell us how it turned out. Please give us any tips or ideas you may have on making it even better. Use the comment section below to share your experiences. We’d love to hear from you!
Please LIKE my Gotta Love DIY Facebook Page! I’d love to connect with you there!
If you hover over the FOLLOW US link on the top right side of my website pages, you can also follow me on Twitter, Google Plus and Pinterest 🙂
To See More Gotta Love DIY Craft Projects, Please visit: DIY Craft Projects