Welcome to PAGE TWO of How To Make DAZZLING Mason Jar Lanterns tutorial.
This tutorial is super simple, the hardest part is cutting out the circle in the center of the mason jar lid to hold the light fixture in place, the rest is a piece of cake. This is also a very low cost craft project that consists of mainly a light fixture and bulb and the use of recycled mason jars which you most likely already have on hand.
What you will need to make these:
- Mason Jar with lid
- Wired light fixture (walmart or home depot carry them)
- Light bulb that fits the fixture and the jar
- Gold or Copper Spray paint
- Painter’s tape
- You will first need to create a circle opening on the center of your jar lid the same size as the light fixture that will be inserted into it to hold the bulb inside the jar. One way to do this is to use a hammer and nail and create small holes around the circle opening and popping it out when complete as shown in the photo below.
- Once you’ve got the hole made in the center of the jar lid, insert the light fixture into the center hole being careful of sharp edges.
- Next you will need to paint the lid and top of the light fixture to match so use the painter’s tape to cover the cord and spray paint both the lid and top of light fixture and allow to dry.
- Screw on the light bulb and screw the lid onto the jar and hang it wherever you have a power supply.
That’s it.. turn on the lights and ENJOY!
Check out the original source of this project and helpful tips at: Woon Blog
My Thanks go to Woon Blog for this wonderful craft project and featured images.
If you make these or any of the other craft projects you’ve seen on my website, I would LOVE if you shared photos of your completed projects on my Facebook page! You can find it here: Gotta Love DIY Facebook Page! I’d love to connect with you there!
If you hover over the FOLLOW US link on the top right side of my website pages, you can also follow me on Twitter, Google Plus and Pinterest 🙂
To See More Gotta Love DIY Craft Projects, Please visit: DIY Craft Projects