Everyone loves snowmen, I know I do, they are my favorite Christmas Decoration so I am really excited to share this craft project for making DIY Fishbowl Snowmen that I found on ‘My Mix of Six’ blog. Snowmen don’t get much cuter than this! These are made with 2 types of small round fish bowls and a bit of creativity. I have edited and updated the original article that was missing directions.
What you will need:
- 1 small round fishbowl
- 1 small round fluted fish bowl
- 1 fluffy white sock
- googly eyes
- material for scarf
- material for hat
- hot glue gun and sticks
- black marker
- orange felt or other material for nose
- white led string of lights
- Using the fluted fishbowl as the bottom, insert the lights into the bowl and allow the cord to drape out of the fluted rim.
- Invert the other fishbowl down into the mouth of the fluted bowl.
- Use a men’s sock to cover and hold the fish bowls together. Pull it tight and cut off excess leaving just enough to glue to the top of the upper fishbowl to secure it.
- Cut a small hole in the back of the sock for the cord to come out.
- Add a scarf and hat. You can make your own out of material in your choice of colors. (see video below)
- Glue on the buttons and the nose and use the black marker for the mouth.
Below is a video to show you how to make your own no-sew fleece hat.
Original Article Source
Please share your comments and suggestions about this craft project in the comment section below. We’d love to hear from you!
Please LIKE my Gotta Love DIY Facebook Page! I’d love to connect with you there! And if you do make these or any of the other craft projects you’ve seen here, I would LOVE if you shared photos of your completed projects on my facebook page as well!
Please visit my Craft Page to see MORE fabulous DIY Craft Projects