It’s Halloween week here at Gotta Love DIY and I’ve been sharing lots of holiday crafts for the upcoming Halloween Holiday. In this tutorial from ‘Deadwood Cemetery Blog’ you will learn how to make Halloween Witch Jars that you can hang on the porch or in your trees to light the way for your little trick or treaters this year.
These are different from the usual halloween luminaries we’ve been seeing and I like that they are unique and do seem to have a bit of a creepy feel to them.
What you will need:
- Glass jars (any size)
- Orange spray paint
- Water Based matte varnish (flemish brown)
- Water based amber and aniline dye powder
- Enduro-Var water based finish
- Wire heavy gauge to wrap and hang with
- Chain (old and rusty is even better)
- Hot Glue
- Black netting
- Lightly spray inside of jar with orange spray paint
- Mix the amber aniline dye water based powder with 1 tablespoon of “Flemish Brown” varnish and six ounces of water based flat enduro-var and apply to jar slopping it on the edges for the drips and some “spattering” on the sides.
- Use the heavy gauge wire and wrap it around the rim a few times, then making bring it up and over the jar and wrap it to secure. You will use this as the handle to hang your chain from to hang it.
- Glue some black netting or nylon around the edges of the jar, or you can even drape it over the top.
- Add a candle and enjoy!
You can visit the original post for this craft project HERE
This Witches Jar gives a wonderful glow that will look amazing hanging in your yard or on the porch this Halloween. Please share your comments and suggestions about this craft project in the comment section below. We’d love to hear from you!
Please LIKE my Gotta Love DIY Facebook Page! I’d love to connect with you there!
To see more Halloween Craft Projects visit the links below: