Welcome to PAGE TWO of the How To Make Gorgeous HIS And Her Mugs Tutorial.
On this page you will find everything below that you need to make your own set of beautiful His And Her Mugs in a way that will last much longer when the right materials are used.
So even though the tutorial that I am sharing today from the ‘Purple Pumpkin Blog’ states to use regular sharpies. Trust me, make sure you only use oil based sharpie paint pens, not regular markers. They even mention at the top of their page that regular sharpie markers do not hold up well.
Even if you heat them to seal them afterwards, the only thing that works far better with much longer lasting results is sharpie paint pens. Not Regular markers. I cannot stress this enough!
What you will need to make these:
- A pair of matching ceramic or glass mugs
- Only use OIL BASED Sharpie paint pens (or Martha Stewart brand) Do not use regular sharpie markers!
- Clean and dry your mug thoroughly before starting your design work.
- Before you start drawing on your mug, plan out your design first and then draw!
- Leave your mug to dry for 24 hours before baking it.
- Once the paint is dry, place them in a cold oven and turn it on to 350 degrees fahrenheit for 30 minutes. Allow them to cool completely in the oven without removing them to avoid shatter.
Article and Image Source: Purple Pumpkin Blog
If You Like This Craft Project, You May Also Like: Turn Your Mason Jars Into Sea Glass Treasures!