I am sure everyone is running crazy as I am making last minute plans, decorations and shopping. If you need a way to make QUICK and beautiful Christmas Table Decorations with little time left to prepare, this is the perfect solution.
In this craft project from ‘Lolly Jane’ you will learn how to make beautiful birch wood planters out of your old tin soup cans! So don’t throw them away! These will make beautiful decorations for your christmas tables without much time or expense needed.
You can make these with little succulents or any type of plant you may have growing in your yard and with a sprig of holly berries, you’ve got a christmas decoration that is alive, colorful and decorative.
What you will need:
- 3 succulents, 4 oz. size (we snag ours at Home Depot)
- 3 tin cans, different heights
- 2 sheets of birch wood printed scrapbook paper (we purchased ours at Hobby Lobby)
- foam brush
- measure and cut your paper to fit your tin cans
- apply decoupage or mod podge to your can and apply the paper making sure to glue the edges.
- add soil to your can and insert your succulents.
- add a sprig of holly or berries for a holiday effect and your done!
It’s that simple!
Check out the original source of this project for detailed instructions, photos and helpful tips at: Lolly Jane
My Thanks go to lollyjane.com for this wonderful craft project and featured images.
Please LIKE my Gotta Love DIY Facebook Page! I’d love to connect with you there!
If you hover over the FOLLOW US link on the top right side of my website pages, you can also follow me on Twitter, Google Plus and Pinterest 🙂
To See More Gotta Love DIY Craft Projects, Please visit: DIY Craft Projects