I found a fabulous gift idea that will make beautiful keepsakes for your friends and family, and even for yourself. In this craft project from ‘Rook#17’ for making Crystal Photo Pendant Ornaments, they are intended to crafted as beautiful pendants that make beautiful gifts or made into ornaments for the christmas tree, which some people call “Baubles”. The crystals used are chandelier crystals which gives the finished product a rich and elegant feel.
These have a vintage appearance which I love and they are really easy to make which is also a plus. Below you will be given the list of materials needed and a link to the tutorial with step by step directions for making them.
What you will need:
- Mod Podge Dimensional Magic
- Plaid’s Folk Art Acrylic Paint — Metallic Silver or Gold
- Chandelier Crystals (From the craft store or home improvement store)
- Family photos, scanned and reduced to fit the dimensions of the crystal.
- paper towel
- paint brush
- Pinch bails (from the beading section of the craft store — silver or gold depending on your preference)
- Beads of your choice
- Crimp tubes
- Crimp bead covers
- All-in-one jewelry pliers
- Silver or gold beading wire (thin enough to pass through the beads when doubled-up.)
Check out the original source of this project for detailed instructions, photos and helpful tips at: RookNo17
My Thanks go to Jenn for this wonderful craft project and featured image.
If you make these or any of the other craft projects you’ve seen on my website, I would LOVE if you shared photos of your completed projects on my Facebook page! You can find it here: Gotta Love DIY Facebook Page! I’d love to connect with you there!
If you hover over the FOLLOW US link on the top right side of my website pages, you can also follow me on Twitter, Google Plus and Pinterest 🙂
To See More Gotta Love DIY Craft Projects, Please visit: DIY Craft Projects